Are you looking for house renovation ideas? Need a reliable source to simplify the task? Congrats! You have already taken the all-important first step by searching for ideas, and Zameen.com is your trustworthy partner in everything home-related!
Renovating your home can be tricky business until and unless you have the proper equipment and the complete understanding of the task at hand, which in this case is giving your home a brand new look. Well, for obvious reasons, you want your home to look aesthetically pleasing to everybody’s eyes and obviously, cosy. So, it’s only natural to consider this project as something special since every homeowner wants their abode to reflect their taste, culture, and family traditions. The key is to be careful and smart when you’re sifting through the many home renovation ideas being thrown at you by Google, your friends, the contractor, and your family. The other equally important thing to remember here is that this project requires you be wise both financially and emotionally.
INGENIOUS HOUSE RENOVATION IDEAS FOR BEGINNERS – DOS AND DON’TS
Renovating a house is not less than a roller coaster ride, especially when upholstering old and antique collection of furniture and home decoration pieces. In order to navigate safely, you have to be particular about a few things to avoid getting off the rails. That being said, homeowners need to be extremely cautious about a lot of things, including their budget, a suitable theme, and sustainable material for home renovation.
In line with our past posts including steps to take before home renovation and benefits of house flipping, we’re excited to present you our spot-free guide comprising some awesome house renovation ideas:
- Conduct a Reality Check
- Spruce up the Theme
- Special Attention Areas
- Move the Furniture
- Give it a Personal Touch
CONDUCT A REALITY CHECK
It is always wise to conduct a reality check before you start with your project. At times, some projects that might seem minute can quickly become a budget buster, especially when you realise you have to reconstruct something from scratch. A simple hack to avoid getting entangled in situations like these is to conduct a reality check, and here’s a list of things you should consider adding to the home renovation checklist before you start knocking down walls:
- Planning the cost and budget: House renovation doesn’t have to be about completely bringing down walls and reconstructing them again – it can surpass your budget. When you’re renovating a house on a budget, you have to be extremely cautious about expenditures and total costings. So, it is crucial to estimate how much you can spend on home renovation.
- DIY projects: Always opt for DIY projects to keep your budget at the lower end of the spectrum. To help you get better acquainted with simple DIY projects, our recently published guide on DIY projects to improve the outlook of your home is worth taking a look at. These projects help you in more ways than one. For instance, you might not want to throw away a particular thing because it has some emotional associations, but it also doesn’t go well with your current home renovation theme. Fret not; you will be astonished at the number of options available in the local market to spice up that piece of memory, all with the assistance of simple projects.
- Explore your options: Before executing your home renovation project, you have to ask yourself if you are up for dramatically remodeling your home’s outlook or you just want to blend in a few new touches. Ask yourself; what is the aim behind this renovation and what will be achieved by the end. Besides reading online guides and house renovation ideas, you can also call up a few friends for their personal experience.
SPRUCE UP THE THEME
Remodeling your home doesn’t have to be just about scraping the ceilings and painting the walls or completely letting go of the current look of your house. Always remember that you’re updating what you already have, so you only need to get rid of outdated stuff and be extremely smart about revamping your home – make nifty yet sustainable choices. Since it is your space, you’ve all the rights to decide what your home should reflect. So, before draping the walls and wearing an architect’s hat, set a deadline to finish the theme. Here are a bunch of tips for refurbishing the current theme of your house:
- Upgrade and fix your wiring and plumbing problems
- Breathe some life into your old furniture
- Use spray paints for a fresh and quick finishing
- Select modern flooring options or opt for wooden flooring for a more striking look.
SPECIAL ATTENTION AREAS
Renovations that may seem simple at first may require plenty of work on the back end, so be sure that you prioritise the areas that aren’t too visible in your home, let’s say, kitchens, laundry area, and bathrooms. At times, fixing drainages, changing the flooring and repairing roofs may sound dreary when there are other exciting things to work with such as lamps, vases, and chandeliers, but remember; sustainability needs a solid base to work its magic.
Likewise, home renovation is not all about a fresh lick of paint and replacing furniture – pay close attention to things that are minimalistic but equally valuable such as doors, faucets, cabinets, and windows since the tactile experience sends a positive message about your home.
MOVE THE FURNITURE
Owners that are renovating their home are usually decluttering their abode and trying to maximise their storage as much as they can. Let’s admit it, when you begin a home renovation process, creating more space becomes trickier since the dilemma of giving up old items kicks in – starting from the useless furniture that is occupying space in your storeroom. No matter how closely attached you feel to some things, you have to give up some of them to make way for the new stuff’s debut.
GIVE IT A PERSONAL TOUCH
The key to successful house renovation is to plan and paint an entire picture of what you want your house to reflect – which means that giving it a personal touch doesn’t have to be only about hanging dream catchers all over your home. Essentially, it means planning and executing several DIY projects, especially the ones that reflect your values on a personal level. From house paint to a minimal vase, everything should have a story to tell and a reason to occupy space in your home.
In a nutshell, a lot of experts suggest that house remodeling can help the unit to climb up the property ladder since it is also a popular way to boost the resale value of a house. It can attract a number of property seekers if the renovations are done carefully, keeping in mind the trends of the market.